Shomporko Desk: Another person has died from the novel coronavirus in Bangladesh, bringing the country’s death toll to two, said Health and Family Welfare Minister Zahid Malik. Four people tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours. With this, the number of affected people raised at 24, the minister said this in a press briefing on Saturday.
He said 50 people are in institutional quarantine and about 14,000 in-home quarantine. Earlier on March 18, Bangladesh confirmed the country’s first death from the deadly epidemic and recorded the first cases on March 8.
Gradually rise of the coronavirus cases in Bangladesh prompted the government to close all educational institutions, put Shibchar, an Upazila of the country’s Madaripur district, on lockdown, shut down all bars, and imposed restrictions on all kinds of political, social, cultural and religious gatherings in an effort to stem the spread of the virus.