- Shomporko Desk: Italy reported 345 new coronavirus deaths in the country over the last 24 hours taking its total death toll to 2,503 – an increase of 16 percent. The total number of cases in Italy rose to 31,506 from a previous 27,980, up 12.6 percent – the slowest rate of increase since the contagion came to light on February 21. Italy is the European country’s hardest hit by a coronavirus.
- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced an indefinite ban on international travel across the entire globe for Australian citizens and residents. “Do not go overseas,” Morrison said in a press conference, adding the most cases the nation has seen have been from Australians returning from an international trip.
- The Canadian province of Alberta has reported 23 new cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, bringing the total in the province to 97. The province’s chief medical officer of health provided her latest update Tuesday afternoon from the media room at the Alberta legislature. Five people in the province have been hospitalized, including two who are currently in intensive care units. The other 92 cases are all people who are self-isolating at home and are expected to make full recoveries.
- Several of India’s mobile networks are playing a 30-second information alert about coronavirus before the start of every phone call. Jio, BSNL and Vodafone are among those to have adopted the move after a request from the government. The message, in English, begins with a person coughing and is heard instead of a ringing tone by the caller. However, several websites have published a way to silence it, after complaints it was becoming annoying.
- Hollywood superstar Tom Hanks has offered an update on his and wife Rita Wilson’s health after testing positive for coronavirus. The 63-year-old actor shared a photo on Instagram and also offered fans a glimpse into the couple’s lives in self-isolation. “Hey, folks. Good News: One week after testing Positive, in self-isolation, the symptoms are much the same. No fever but the blahs,” Hanks revealed. “Folding the laundry and doing the dishes leads to a nap on the couch.
- “Hollywood star Idris Elba is “feeling OK” after testing positive for the coronavirus. The Luther star shared a health update with fans Tuesday, one day after going public with his diagnosis. The 47-year-old actor admitted, “it’s been a mad 24 hours.” “Yesterday was good and bad, you know what I mean? It was bad because obviously I tested positive, but also good because I think it opened up a lot of conversation around it,” he said during a Livestream on social media. “I think it made it a lot more real for some people, it definitely made it more real for me and my family.
- “Source: CBC, Yahoo, Aljazeera, Fox, BBC
The editorial team is not responsible for the content of the writing.