A 21-year-old man has been charged in the death of a pedestrian in a hit-and-run in Scarborough.
Just after 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 6, emergency crews were dispatched to the area of Lawrence Avenue and Brockley Drive, near Midland Avenue.
A male pedestrian was crossing the roadway when he was struck by a vehicle, according to authorities.
The man was brought to the hospital but was pronounced dead due to a lack of vital signs.
Police said the driver involved did not stop and fled the scene.
On Sunday, police said that a suspect had been taken into custody in connection with the investigation.
Toronto resident Paras Goyat has been charged with failing to stop at the scene of an accident causing death.
The charge has not been proven in court.
Police say the investigation into the hit-and-run is ongoing.
Anyone with information is being asked to contact police or reach out to Crime Stoppers anonymously.