York Region Public Health is informing the public about a COVID-19 outbreak at a Vaughan restaurant that has been fined for failing to keep a patron list and failing to implement a coronavirus safety plan.
As of April 1, five confirmed cases and two probable cases had been identified among the employees of Café Landwer, which is located on Bathurst Street and Rutherford Road. According to public health officials, two of the confirmed cases have been identified as highly contagious variants of concern.
Three of the confirmed cases and both of the probable cases are from the York Region, while the remaining confirmed cases are from Toronto and Simcoe.
The public health unit is warning customers who visited the restaurant between March 19th and March 24th that they may have been exposed to the virus. As the restaurant failed to keep a patron list, health officials said they had to issue a public notice about the potential exposure.
“Anyone who visited the restaurant during the above-mentioned dates is asked to self-isolate for 14 days following their visit, closely monitor for signs and symptoms, and be tested if symptoms develop,” officials said in a press release.
Following an inspection of the restaurant on March 31st, a $1,000 fine was imposed for failing to keep a patron list for contact tracing and failing to have a COVID-19 safety plan. The public health unit stated that it has contacted all known close contacts and is still conducting case management.
News and picture source: cp24